There is plenty of demand for used vacuum trucks, which can make your shopping experience a bit more complicated. It is certainly worth the hassle though when you consider it can take more than six months to take delivery on a new one. As long as you select one that is in good shape and won’t need costly pump truck parts anytime soon, you’ll be ahead of the game. Here are some tips when buying a used vacuum truck.
- Get What You Pay For. You can’t compare two pump trucks like you would two oranges at the market. The prices can vary widely because a reseller puts in varying amounts of remanufacturing costs to ready a pump truck for sale. Your goal is to purchase one at the right price considering the work that has gone into it.
- Consider the Seller. If you get a bad vibe from a seller because they are tight-lipped when you ask them questions about the history of the pump truck, including number of hours on it and service records, you should probably look elsewhere.
- Watch Out for Customization. You want a pump truck that you can get the repairs and pump truck parts you need in the future. A one-of-a-kind customized truck may be cool but you’ll find it nearly impossible to get parts or support.
- Check Out All Major Components. Run it through the paces to be sure everything is working. Remember to check the tires as new tires can be quite costly to purchase. Be sure to ask if any major repairs have been done and about any recently replaced pump truck parts.
- Paperwork. Be sure the title is clear, inspections are current, and you have any warranty information in writing.
- Have a Professional Check it Out. If you are unsure as to the condition and price of a pump truck you are looking at or would like to know what you can expect in terms of pump truck parts in the future, have a professional check it out before you buy it.
Here at Pat’s Pump & Blower, we offer quality repair for pump trucks utilizing high-quality pump truck parts to give you reliable results. If you are looking at a used pump truck and would like our professional opinion, don’t hesitate to call us. We will go over routine maintenance and our other services so you will know what to expect when you make the pump truck your own.